Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bridal Millinery - Wispern

Wispern is a bridal hat for my good friend Hannah and her wedding taking place this summer, the name of the hat being from the etymology of the word whisper due to the chosen colour scheme of 'Whispering Blue'. This is my first true venture into the hat side of millinery, since my internship, and from notes and memory I followed all the traditional techniques in the sequence I learnt from my tutor Rachel Drewer. Starting with the making of the hat block I then blocked the sinamay, stiffening it then allowing it dry. It was then ironed, taken off the block, followed by wiring and then the attaching of all beading, feathers, veiling, petersham and the headband. I enjoyed the process and thankfully my friend is happy with the results too. There is excess veiling at the moment which will be cut to size properly after the bride and hairdresser decide upon a suitable style. 

 
 


Images and Headwear by KLV

No comments:

Post a Comment