Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snow Day

Seeing as I've been snowed in today, I decided to search my computer for some appropriate imagery. The first image was found on Trendhunter, part of a set of regal headdresses.



Now for two similar images, the above from the Hermes 2008/09 Autumn Winter ad campaign and below was taken by Norbert Schoerner for AnOtherMan magazine.


Here, we have 'The Breathe Project' by Hilary Hayes. The central point of the project is a scarf that senses your breathing and emits a flashing LED light pattern which, according to Hayes, 'is focused on creating awareness of our own breath and the breath of others as a way of reminding and being reminded of the delicacy and life force of each other and of ourselves.'



Below, the imagery still resembles that of a winter wonderland yet is cut from sheets of paper. Having used paper so often in my art, I think this is great!


The installation above is by Mia Pearlman and I've posted below a sample from 'Paperific Wonderlands' by Kirsen Du Pan, still inkeeping with the paper influence on the snow theme.


Finally, I mentioned taxidermy in recent posts and now I have discovered an unusual form that I've never seen before. Kori no Suizokukan is a Japanese aquarium with a difference, the fish are frozen! This relatively new tourist attraction was built to offer the citizens of Kesennuma shelter from a heatwave and now houses around 450 specimens of suspended marine wildlife. 



No comments:

Post a Comment