Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Witch House?

Stemming from my love of the eerie electronic sounds and vocal distortion of Fever Ray, I have recently been listening to various songs from the electronic sub genre 'Witch House'. The bands tagged with this title are usually recognisable thanks to numerous triangles, either in their band name or album artwork. Much of this music, I'm actually not a fan of but there are a select few bands that I find quite interesting. The imagery that is associated with these somewhat disturbing soundscapes is what captures my attention the most, the majority of which I found  through the band 'Modern Witch'.









Of all the songs in this genre that I've listened to, Mumbai by oOoOO is my favourite. I'm always fond of chopped up and distorted vocal samples!

No comments:

Post a Comment