Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Taste for Domination

The macabre side of jewellery is by far my favourite and designer Joji Kojima is one of the more admirable. The usual choice influences, that I've spoken about frequently, are of course present in these designs. Arguably, the more famed work by Kojima was for Lady Gaga as the layer of sequin skin I definitely enjoyed! There are plenty of other designs I've found too, heavily defined by skeletal detail with the idea of fetishism arising here also, particularly in the Gaga image. Domination is also a recurring theme, notably the photo of the rabbit in a muzzle demonstrating the power over species, as well as the tyranny that can accompany wealth. The mystery of such wearable yet unobtainable art captivates me.





No comments:

Post a Comment