Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A-Z of Couture

Whilst carrying out research for my final major project at Uni, I discovered a Dutch designer named Yvette Yang. Using the medium of collage, my favourite, Yang creates a new typeface twice a year. The style of these typefaces is determined by the current fashion season, her reason for creating them was 'to make an Image Font which can be more imagery and more meaningful'. 


These typefaces inspired me to begin creating my own, an example of which can be found in my blog header. Whilst my final major project developed, the use of my own typefaces increased and here are some I've used as page headers on my website. They are all constructed using various animal parts, although the first was from black card. The remaining were created using images of Ethiopian wolves, Saiga horns, Bali Starlings and Bactrian Camels.

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment